the marvellous world of marco

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

introduction to Marco

Hello, welcome to the first blog Marco has created in his life!

I think I should now practice a little more in order to understand how to develop and to organize my blog, because I usually don't use PCs.

After this little introduction, i can present myself: I am Marco, I am 23 years old and I come from Padua, a very old and beautiful italian city near Venice. I am attending the fifth year of Languages at the University of Padua (and I hope to graduate very very soon!!).

I am writing this brand new blog while attending to an English course that is a little different from usual: we have always studied how to translate a text, how to use grammar correctly in our written texts (I feel as if i have always been studying like a student of primary school: the sky is blue, the book is on the desk) but this year they are teaching us how to speak live English in the real world ( at least at the end of our studies!!) through the creation of a blog.

But, as I said before, Im not an expert in using things like PCs or blogs, so I am trying, at the moment...

Through this new experience, I think I will be able to improve my English level (I actually think that my writing style is nothing special) but above all that I will be able to understand how English language should be and how it is actually used by Enlgish people when speaking more spontaneously and colloquially, that is to say when writing for example on their blogs, since in these first two weeks at university I understood that there are blogs for every taste and about everything, and that every single writer has their own style!

Well, this is all I have to say for the moment, apart from the fact that I apologize for any mistake in texts you will find in my blog...

Bye
Marco

4 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    Hi Marco!
    thanks for the nice comment about my blog and I think that your blog too is nice! If you put some picture, as someone has already said in another comment, it would be even more nice!
    I'm surprised about the colour you chose for your background...why pink?
    Bye bye
    Alice

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Dear Marco,
    Here is the focus on language we did in class. Let me know what your corrections were.
    Thanks,
    Sarah

    Recommended Checklist: capitalization, articles, sentence length (max 2 lines, max 1 semi-colon, max 3 commas, etc.), verb tenses

    Mistakes: make a little bit experience (?); the PC; neither; i; italian; I attend; languages; university; attending to; have always been studying; a correct grammar; like as if; colloquial; I excuse; any error

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger marco said…

    here is Marco, writing about his mistakes:
    first of all, with the sentence "make a little bit of experience" I want to say something like "practice more in order to"; "the PC" is plural and without article "PCs"; that
    "neither" is not necessary; the first person singular pronoun always has the capitol letter, like as Languages and University in this case, because I am giving the name of my course in my univeristy; "attending" goes without to; "have always studied"; in this sentence I should have used "...grammar correctly"; "like as" or "as if"; ...when talking "colloquially"; I apologize for any mistake.
    Not bad, the next time I will try to be more careful!!

     
  • At 2:40 AM, Blogger marco said…

    Hi Lena!
    Now I know how to answer to messages in my blog!I made some awful mistakes writing in my blog last time but don't worry, also if I am not a great writer in English, I have other qualities! Last time I did not put any picture because I have an old 56 kbps link with the Internet that doesn't allow me to put images (I tried several times...). But, since during last lesson the professor also uploaded one of my pictures in my blog, now you can see me before going to the carnival in Venice last year!
    Have a nice week!!
    Marco

     

Post a Comment

<< Home