the marvellous world of marco

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Podcast: the voice you can bring with you

Hello everybody!

This time the good, old Marco is going to speak about three different podcasts he found on-line.

The first podcast I found was an halloween song from the site of the princetown review: this site is full of podcasts that are useful to learn new vocabulary words. In this case, since Halloween has just passed, I chose a song about it because the words of the song are clearly sung and, above all, I was curious to listen to it!

The second file I chose is about the meaning of the word tinker, because this is a good example of how we can improve our English vocabulary also with words coming from real situations in real life: tinker in fact means spending time in doing small jobs or making small changes to things, usually trying to repair them.
The site in which I found this podcast is also very interesting because it offers a lot of similar podcasts about other words, so that if one may have any doubt on any word, this is the right place to search these things in!

After these two links, I looked for the third one in a site called English feed, that provides podcasts about grammar porblems: in this case I chose the first podcast about conditionals, but others podcasts were about futures and present perfect and continuous. In my opinion, podcasts one can listen in this site are more useful to review one's grammar, because these audio files are like a lecture held by a professor in class.

I'd like to add also a few words on English feed site: I quickly explored some parts of this site and I found also podcasts about entire dialogues based not on grammar problems but on typical situation one may face in the real world, as for example a business dialogue: in this way this site could be also useful to learn new vocabulary rather than study grammar problems only.

And finally, after a long struggle with my Pc and any sort of link, I was able to put my audio file on line!!!
powered by ODEO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home