the marvellous world of marco

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Some thoughts of the 21st of March

Hello world!
This time we had to look for information about the use of renewable sources of energy in Italy to put it on a wiki page: since we had to pay attention only to the structure we gave to that wiki page, this was quite an easy task to acomplish.

But reading a post written by one colleagues of mine (Alice) on her blog, I started thinking about what working on a wiki page is about. At the end, I came out with the idea that working in group on the web is a little bit frustrating: in fact, I can post something that seems to me well made and return the day after on the same page only to find out that my colleagues could have turn my work upside down as they like.

I am not complaining with someone for something. I am only saying that, even if I am not very good in writing in English language (I often find some mistakes by myself on my own posts simply by re-reading them!), I prefer by far writing on my own blog with the possibility that people can perchance read it and leave their comments without transforming my work, than writing on a wiki with the consciousness that my work could not be well done.

Probably in some occasions I did the same things with others and probably I will do the same things in the future, but I understood that working together is interesting but not very easy.
These were only some thoughts to be put on my "reflective blogging", because in spite of those little reflections working on a wiki is a good experience.

Marco

1 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Dear Marco,

    Your comments are all very normal reactions to wikis and blogs. Blogs are a more familiar structure whereas wikis are new. Think of it this way: you're building something together. If somebody improves on what you've contributed, then we've made progress. If somebody turns what you've done 'upside down' as you say, then write a comment asking why and try and discuss it.

    Sarah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home